- Tale of Artisans
- Services & Facilities
- The Dining
- Discover Our Offers
- Time in the Hotel
- My booking/Cancel
The whole city is basked in golden lights, making it a fun place to visit no matter where you go.
Winter Illumination Guide in Tokyo 2022-2023
When people from overseas ask me about the best time of year to visit Tokyo, I always recommend either the cherry blossom season or winter, when the city is lit up with spectacular light displays. The four seasons in Japan are beautiful, with each one offering its own unique pleasures, but if your visit is limited to Tokyo, the beauty of the city during these two seasons is truly exceptional. Especially during the winter illumination season, the whole city is basked in golden lights, making it a fun place to visit no matter where you go. You can enjoy gorgeous light displays from early December through the beginning of February in various spots around Tokyo. In this article, we introduce a list of recommended illumination spots for the 2022-2023 season.
· Illumination events are staged at various locations around Tokyo, making them the perfect place for date nights.
· Lights are displayed from early December through the beginning of February, making it easy to plan your trip.
· Restaurants and department stores in Japan are open during the Christmas season.
· In Japan, Christmas is a day to go on a date with your significant other, so restaurants are almost always full at this time of year. Early reservations are essential.
· The entire city is crowded with people.
Recommended illumination spots